Exclusive Artist Interview With JUSSY J. | @DanSarki

Hello joining us on our Exclusive artist interview today is a respected,celebrated and award winning Gospel Act from the North in Person of +Jussy J. @DanSarki


 Hello nice and good to meet you
The Pleasure is mine. Thank you.

We will like to know if Jussy is your biological name

Sure! Jussy is a native name I inherit from my great grandfather. While the middle “J” stands for Japheth; my biblical name.

For quiet long time you have been addressed as DanSarki, what is the motive behind it or are you born as prince or is your biological father a king/village head?

Hahahaha! Well lotta people won’t get it easily. But the philosophy behind the name “DANSARKI” simply means CHILD OF THE KING. Who is the KING? Jehovah; any other king is a counterfeit (Lol) you see, I understand my place in the kingdom of God, that’s all.
What do you do for living?

I am a graphic designer, cinematographer, and a film maker.

 Where did music start for you?
Like every other singer. Hahahahahaha! Well, it started at a very tender age. @10 I was a member of Sunday school choir at COCIN Railway Bauchi. It was an awesome moment then. I give God the glory that am still holding onto my call.

Are you signed to a Label/ on what label do you operate and singles and albums?

I am not signed to any label for now, but I have a management body, talking about Tok86 International. I think that’s all you should know. Hahaha

 You have been in the gospel music industry for long time, what are your challenges or the challenges you are currently facing so far?

Ok! Professionally, I have been in the music industry 14 years now, so It has been 14 years of holding tight unto God, 14 years of pursuing my calling, and 14 years of striving hard in a discouraging industry. I was there for about three years before I came out with my first album (which was released way back 2003) It was tough at the beginning; you hardly get people to support you. I remember it was only my big sister (MRS ESTHER DIMAS) that was supportive; my first studio bills were paid by her. My dad was totally against it, we had series of conflicts because I choose music. But I thank God; today daddy happens to be my supper fan. So it’s getting better now.
The impact gospel music is making now can be likened to a scenario where God is pulling man to himself. There is something in every man that desires God though unbelievers are rebelling against their maker. However, gospel music is gaining grounds because much more people are accepting the importance of God in their daily lives. So the gospel industry has gone higher. So it’s all about God increasing our chances and circle of influence too, and people are being drawn to him and accepting him like never before, we are winning!
We need more hands to lift the banner of Christ! Let me make clarion call to the most influential personnel in the Christian vault, come and invest in the young talents, let’s take the gospel to the level. Many of us have countless ideas but the fund is not there. Make use of your wealth for the kingdom business. There’s no lost at all. Thank you.


 Being a gospel minister (artist) what are your achievement in the gospel music industry?

Winning souls for the Kingdom! I was able to reach out to many souls via my songs and I think it’s an awesome feeling knowing that your song was able to transform lives. That’s the goal.

 What genre of music do you love or you are into?

Oh my God! Well I love Reggae not for anything but because Reggae has been my first love. It Reggae music that got me inspired to write song. Talking about the pattern of music am into, I think I do virtually all patterns. Just as the Holy spirit leads.

 Should we expect any hit be it new single or album from you?
Yea! I intend to unleash something spectacular this year. And it’s going to a remarkable project, going by the groundwork so far. Ya’all should keep anticipating.

 As an artist who do you mimic or who is your Model/ mentor?

Ernest Dades (One of Nigeria’s anointed gospel icon) is one of the guys I’ve looked up to in my primary days of music. Followed by Jeremiah Gyang. Outside the gospel musicians, Innocent Idibia (Tuface) is my role model. I respect his intellectual mind.

 How many albums are you having to your credit so far?

So far I’ve recorded 6 albums to be precise.

 Of all your songs which one is your favourite?

Wow this is very hard for me. But if I must choose one then it has to be “Akwai Gida” one of the tracks in my fifth album. Yeah! I will go with that.

 If you will be privilage to work, collaborate or feature one foreign artist who will it be?

Being on a song with Lecrae (A black American Gospel Rapper) is my international dream collab. And it shall come to pass anytime soon. Jesus Controls everything, so nothing is impossible.

 Well you are one of the most celebrated & respected gospel act across the north east, what are your efforts in promoting and helping the young upcoming artist?

I have often said I want to be the DON JAZZY in the Gospel industry. Why? Because Don Jazzy brings out the best in every young artist. I have the young artist at heart and I wish to do my best for them. Presently I have three (3) of them working with me. And I’ve seen how God altered their level of creativity. My dream is to see every young boy/girl utilizing his/her God given talent to His glory. Some of these young boy/girls need us around; they need us to encourage them in any way possible. My door is open, always open to render assistance in whatever form is required of me. I pray for open doors, we’ll all get there; we are this close to fulfilling our call.
Your Song KE KADAI featuring the northern heavy weight B.O.C draws people attention on you to the extends some fans out there are saying you have divert to secular music, please what can you say about this?

KE KADAI is a love song. God is Love. If I don’t sing about love, who will? Let people say what they wanna say, and I’ll keep doing my thing. Anticipate another crazy love song in my forth coming album. Thank you

 Where did you see your self in the future?

I see myself breaking grounds and causing transformation to many that have lost it. I am a blessing to this very generation and the generation yet unborn. I want to use my music to effect positive change. The future holds lotta goodies for me and my team. So I will say let’s meet in the future.

What is your marital status
Am Single
 What is your advice to the upcoming Artiste out there?

Fellow upcoming artist (I am one) gospel music is about using song to convey your personal story. So to become a good gospel singer there must be a belief behind what you sing, even if you are not a Christian. And there is a lot within the music that anyone can identify with: themes of love, or peace, or wanting to be a better person. But don't fake it; people can usually tell. Be focus, trust in the Lord, work hard, and God will surprise you. It is also important that you believe in yourself and in the music that you do. May the good God crown our effort with success! Amen!
thanks for your time....


Previous
Next Post »